Posted by : February 21, 2012
| On :
Take 5 minutes to read about what I’m doing to help find a cancer cure and find out how you can help with this initiative.
Take 5 dollars that you would normally spend on coffee and make a tax-deductible donation on my fundraising website: http://bit.ly/doingitagain2
- One new person is diagnosed with a blood cancer every 5 minutes.
- Two $5 donations provides 2 hours of microscope use to determine if a new medicine will stop a life-threatening lung infection in a bone marrow transplant patient.
- Three $5 donations will cover the cost of sending 3 newly diagnosed patients information about their disease and how to get support
- Four $5 donations pays for a bottle of nutrients that will nourish 10 million leukemia cells grown in the lab for a week, enabling scientists to test whether a new anti-cancer drug halts their growth.
- 5 is the number of years some cancer patients have to stay in remission to be considered cure
Forward this page to 5 friends and encourage them to make a difference.
Posted by : January 31, 2012
| On :
Find out how your 100% tax-deductible donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will help a cancer patient’s life.
Encourage scientists to pursue blood cancer research.
Grants to young scientists. Your money helps grow research talent even as federal research funding becomes increasingly limited.
Develop “targeted therapies” that kill cancer cells selectively.
By hitting specific molecular targets, these treatments don’t harm patients’ healthy cells, resulting in fewer dangerous side effects.
Immunotherapies strengthen a patient’s own immune system. This helps a patient fight infections and attack cancer cells, reducing the need for damaging chemotherapy.
Improve the safety of today’s cures.
LLS funds research to predict, manage and prevent complications in patients most at risk for long-term and late effects of treatment.
Help patients and their families make informed decisions.
LLS supplies information and counseling to help guide patients through their cancer journey. LLS also provides access to current treatment and clinical trial options.
Provide financial aid and co-pay assistance.
A cancer diagnosis is hard enough without having to deal with its financial burden. We provide programs to help relieve the economic strain of a blood cancer diagnosis.
Offer community services.
Among the wide array of programs LLS provides are those that link newly diagnosed patients with trained volunteers. This helps young cancer patients return to school after an absence resulting from treatment.
Encourage our state and federal legislators to support blood cancer issues.
With your help, LLS brings to the attention of lawmakers the urgent need for increased government funding and support of research and patient access to affordable treatment and quality care.
Facts from Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Donations are paramount to finding a cure for blood cancers. Your donations will help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society reach its goal of providing a better quality of life for patients and putting us one step closer in the eradication of this disease.
Please make a 100% tax deductible donation today. Any amount will help LLS. Whether it is $5 or $100, your contribution helps.